English for Living
Whatever reason you have for wanting to learn English, we can help you.
You may be in the UK on holiday or, perhaps, you are going to stay here or in another English-speaking country for a longer period, even permanently.
You could have an English-speaking partner, and would like to be able to communicate in their language, or you may just be interested for no other reason that you have always been attracted by the people who speak the language and the culture surrounding them.
You might just be looking to communicate, generally, at a basic level or you could be looking specifically to fully interact with English-speaking in-laws.
Whether you are a complete beginner or have some knowledge of English already, we can create a programme that will correspond to your own individual needs and requirements!
Whatever it is, we are here for you!
Please click a title below for further information:
How it works - View / Hide
We visit you (free of charge and obligation) where you are staying, in your home, or wherever you plan to have your classes take place, to discuss your needs. Following an assessment, we can then propose
- a one-to-one or small group class (Ideally of up to 6 participants although we can cater for larger groups)
- weekly, bi-weekly, semi-intensive or intensive classes, ranging from a single 90 minute class each week, through to a number of hours every day over a shorter period
- ad-hoc maintenance sessions if you already have a sufficiently good level
with these taking place either as
- regular classes on the same day/s and at the same time/s
- classes booked ahead on a diary system or week-by-week to suit you (This option can be less easy for participants to administer if it is a group class)
- a combination of the above
Whatever you choose, all are subject to only 24 hours notice of cancellation, so you can even reschedule your class to allow you to attend that short-notice commitment.
We provide individually created and selected course materials free of charge, so all you need to bring is a pen and paper.
Whilst our teachers are dedicated professionals, our office staff are on-hand to help throughout your course with us – we are just an email or telephone call away!
Why it works - View / Hide
We select our teachers carefully to ensure that you get the maximum return upon your time with us. The principle criteria by which they are chosen are good teaching ability and pleasant and positive personality, with both being required.
As all of our teachers are native-speakers, you receive your language classes from a person who speaks the target language as a mother tongue, enabling you to reproduce the language from its original form.
You have the same teacher* throughout your course, allowing you to maintain a good working relationship and ensuring that the teacher has ongoing, first-hand knowledge of your progress at every class. Should you wish to be exposed to different accents and voices, we can arrange for a periodic change of teacher.
* For intensive and, sometimes, semi-intensive courses, two or more teachers work as a team with you, liaising directly with each other before and after classes. This is to ensure that your class is always fresh and dynamic.
What is achieved - View / Hide
Our tailor-made English language courses for living develop to allow you to:
- exchange introductions, talk about yourself and enquire about others
- travel from place to place
- read menus and order food
- develop general vocabulary and that specifically related to your particular situation
- communicate via the telephone
- understand and respond to emails and other documentation
- understand and be understood by tradesmen and officials
- address day-today aspects of life in the UK
- deal with children’s schooling
- assimilate British culture
Whether you start as a complete beginner or already have a good level of English, we enable you to achieve your goals!
If you would like further information about the "Flexible Engish Language Courses" that Language Link Up can provide we would be happy to discuss your requirement with you.
You can either telephone us on 01628 665599 between 9.00am and
5.00pm, Monday to Friday
or submit an enquiry and we will contact you.